Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Amit Parmessur- A Poem

 
let me be a sacred child

I’m gonna say it again! Let me be
a sacred child. It’s gonna rain

pure, yellow bliss in my heart if you
people treat me like any other child.

Let me stay in innocence despite
my harsh experience. Let me

talk and dream of what’s sweet.
Let me joke like a mad, red clown. Let

me play, hide and seek. Let me be the
perfect blue boy or pink girl, who

will root firmly in the violent wild,
the one to blossom beautifully in

times of grief. Let me be
a sacred child. Let me give my mind

to my soul so that I can shine like
the orange sun. If you help my violet

ship I shall smash the toughest icebergs.
My past will never matter as long

as I am cherished. Let’s respect
each other, folks. I’m gonna say

it again! Let me be a sacred child!
I’m not scared, or a green ugly alien.

I wish to be like the indigo in the bow—
wise, wise, and only wise.



BIOGRAPHY: Born in 1983, Amit Parmessur has been published in over 100 literary magazines, like Ann Arbor Review, Salt, Hobo Camp Review, Misfits' Miscellany, Jellyfish Whispers, Kalkion and Red Fez. His book on blog Lord Shiva and other poems has also been published by The Camel Saloon. He has been nominated for the Pushcart Award and Best of the Web Anthology. He lives in Quatre-Bornes, in Mark Twains paradise island Mauritius, with his cat and three dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment