Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Daniel N. Flanagan- Two Poems


Drowning

& Am I the only one
Who feels cryptic at night?
Inspired by twilight downers
Murdered by midnight demons?

It’s subjective, but
Objectively speaking
There’s a squiggly line swimming across
            My blurry vision,
And a little girl squatting against
            My bedroom wall.

Laughing at me

My liver burns but,
She stays, staring & starry-eyed

Drowning
To inebriate her
Cripple her.
So neither of us can walk
Out the window.


Dead-Man Writing

They say when you die,
Your mind releases large amounts of DMT.
And it is this which provides euphoria.
The flashback of your life;
While you soil your dungarees.
But what if,
I have already died.
I am a dead man,
Still alive in my own mind.
It feels plausible, possible.
Yes, I am a dead man writing.

And so I will soar, fly & die.
Again.


Daniel N. Flanagan is a Worcester, MA native. He is the author of the short story "Daddy's Girl", located in The Commonline Journal, and eight poems, featured in Aberration Labyrinth, Three Line Poetry, Pyrokinection, Dead Snakes and The Onyx. He has four stories and five poems scheduled for publication between January and September '14. Check him out at www.DanFlanagan.webs.com and follow him
@DanielNFlanagan.

2 comments: