Sunday, May 24, 2015

Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal- 3 Poems


AT NIGHT

At night
no one
lies here.

My room
holds one
small bed.

Alone
I sleep
and dream.

The sea
shimmers
with stars.

My thoughts
move like
the waves.

My sheets
are drenched
with sweat.

I die
a bit
each day.

I am
poised to
take flight.

Angels
call out
my name.

I doubt
that they
are real.

I do
not feel
so old.

My bed
needs more
than a

pillow.
She is
long gone.



IN A DAY

In a day
I might go
to sleep and
not wake up.

I would not
worry at
all about
life’s struggles.

Tomorrow
I will find
peace at last
and not blink.

I want to
go there soon.
I can’t wait
one more day.



THE HIGH HORSE

Get off the high horse.
It will only hurt more
when you fall down.

Give your pupils a
break and go to sleep
and rest your eyes.

Get off the high horse.
Don’t ride it anymore.
Get off the high

and get to the center.
You need to help yourself
and don’t look back.

I see you heading for
the mighty fall of all
falls. Can’t you see?

Get off the high horse.
Walk on solid ground on
your own two feet.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment